New Life Baptist Church Core Values are:
1. Family Oriented
2. Purpose Driven
3. Gospel Urgency
Our Purpose is:
1. To worship and serve God and to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ as set forth in Matthew 28:19-20.
2. To minister to the needs of members and others as the church is able to do so.
3. To do any and all things related to and in connection with the carrying out of the object and purpose herein above set forth.
New Life Baptist Church Believes:
1. We are a body of believers who come together on a regular basis to worship and give praise in song to our Lord and Savior. Our vision and goal for our community is to evangelize, disciple, and have a heart for missions!
2. We believe the Bible (both the Old and New Testament), is verbally inspired by God, without error, the all sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living. We believe in the Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed many miracles, shed His blood on the cross as a vicarious substitute, was buried, bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return literally and visibly.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man's salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
5. We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
6. We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord's Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man's salvation.
7. We believe in regenerated church membership: that is, person's old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as personal Lord and Savior.
8. We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting His return.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
10. We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or organization.
11. We subscibe to the "Baptist Faith and Message" adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963 as our larger statement of faith with scriptural references.
12. We believe the Southern Baptist Statement of Faith, The Baptist Faith and Message 2000, expresses New Life Baptist Church's fundamental biblical conviction that Christian Marriage is, by definition, the spiritual and physical uniting of one man and one woman in an exclusive covenant commitment for their joint lifetime. We believe Christian marriage is God's unique gift to depict and reveal the union between Christ and the church. As such, we believe that wedding ceremonies on church property and/or weddings that are performed by our pastor are spiritual observances of worship of God who created the divine institution of marriage. As worship services, weddings on church property shall be officiated by one or more licensed or ordained ministers of the gospel. No minister employed by the church or other designated pastor shall officiate at any marriage ceremony unless such marriage is consistent with this policy. The church may decline to make to make its facilities or minister available for any wedding not in keeping with our understanding of Chrisitian Marriage as indicated above. Such determinations may be made by the Pastor subject to the direction of the church leadership team.
13. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God's gift of sex and prohibited by the scriptures.
14. We believe that the local church, as well as each individual believer in Christ, has been sent into the world to seek and to save those who are lost in sin and unbelief, just as God sent His Son, that in obedience to the Lord's Great Commission, the Gospel is to be proclaimed to the most remote part of the earth and disciples are to grow to maturity, serve in ministry, and invest their lives to multiply disciples.
15. We believe that the great commission involves the planting of local churches by evangelism, establishing local churches by discipleship, and multiplying local churches by world evangelism.